Friday, March 21, 2008

Things to be happy about RIGHT NOW:

A few of you have asked for an updated list of things to be happy about. I find it slightly peculiar that I am somewhat of a wishing well for happy thoughts. Maybe more ironic. That said, I am a giver and a pleaser with guilt and "saying no" issues. Score for you! Nonetheless, a great place to start a day: Happy.... "Schlemiel, schlimazel, hasenpfeffer incorporated!"


1.) Being right. I got 12 of 16 of NCAA picks right! There was a point where I was rooting for Belmont (even though I have Duke going pretty far) but my reasoning was irrational. I thought it was "sweet" that they didn't even have their names on their uniforms, and that Mathew Dotson kid out of nowhere dropping three's. I love this game.

2.)MORE GAMES ALL DAY TODAY!

3.) Peeps. (the little yellow sweet ones, not to be mistaken for an Ebonics reference) Especially if you open the packaging halfway and let them get a little stale so they are hard. Yummy.

4.) French kissing. I haven't done it in months (whatever, at least I'm honest!) but I dream about it a lot and it feels nice then. Get out there and kiss someone slowly, barely use your tongue and don't make slapping saliva sounds.

5.) The breathless anticipation of something good. Like when the lights go down in a movie theatre, or a phone number you've been hoping for appears on your phone, or the smell of chocolate chip cookies.

6.) Spare Time. Not unlike the minutes you are spending reading this silly blog, and not having to walk barefoot for miles to get rice and water like the smiling woman in the picture. Seriously, pull back, gain some perspective and be trivial with your time with total awareness and gratitude.

7.) A great mood lifting song that comes on the very minute you need it to like: "I feel it all" by Fiest, or "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel, or "Night Moves" by Bog Seger. Who doesn't scream: "I re-mem-ber!, I re-mem-ber!, I re-mem-ber! Looooooorrrrd I remember! Ooooooooo...aaaaaaaaa....yeah yeah yeah, uh-huh. uh-huuuh..." in their car when this song comes on? Fine, just me. You're missing out.

8.) Spinach Artichoke dip. Oooooo. Don't attempt number 4 after this though.

9.) Getting or giving real hugs. Not the side-squonch, triple-pat kind. The ones that feel like energy conductors for love and sincerity. Go give one today. Shite, go give two!

10.)Smiling at a stranger and seeing that it comes right back, and usually with surprise.

There you have it. I don't know about you, but I plan to go find a stranger watching the NCAA tourney to gloat to, smile at, real hug, french kiss and sing a Bob Seger song with.

Go spread it.....spread it thick. It's good (happy) Friday.

No comments: