Sunday, May 4, 2008

My skin is buzzing for "Sex AND the City" movie!!!

Ha cha cha. I really don't know what to do with myself until May 30th. The Sex AND the city movie is soon to be the eye and heart candy I have been waiting for. I still remember my best birthday. I was 25. I was alone with a bottle of expensive Pinot/Cab blend and the entire DVD set. I laughed, cried, over-identified, and most of all: I felt like I was not alone in my stumbles through the mine-field of love, sex and the elusive search for myself.

It's a bit grainy (and probably subject to being deleted, until I can find the official version). But...man does it make my tummy tingle and my chest pound in my ears. The India Arie cover of Don Henley's "Heart of the Matter" gets me ready to throw on some sexy heels, a mini-skirt and start spinning with my arms wide open in the sunny streets of SoHo.




I will be crushed if Carrie doesn't end up with Mr Big. I expect full-frontal footage from a Samantha escapade. (Why not? "Forgetting Sarah Marshall did it..)If nothing else, I hope for it to stay true to the characters and being somewhat plausible.

I will leave you with a few of my all-time favorite quotes:

"But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.” (Carrie)

“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.”(Carrie)

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies." (Carrie)

"You men have no idea what we're dealing with down there. Teeth placement, and jaw stress, and suction, and gag reflex, and all the while bobbing up and down, moaning and trying to breathe through our noses. Easy? Honey, they don't call it a job for nothin" (Samantha)

Oddly enough, I think some of my life decisions were swayed or ballooned by this show. Good or bad, I was 20-something and eager to feel a part of the sub-culture of women winding their way to some type of "happily ever after". I have had my belt notches, I have made my mistakes, and I am a fumbling work in progress...but I haven't stopped laughing at myself, and building rich relationships, that has to count for something.

All of this begs the scary question: Am I temporarily more excited about the prospects of these fictional women than of my own present reality?

...Absof*ckinglutely.

No comments: