Thursday, July 17, 2008

Go on get happy! Wisdom nuggets from Dr. Dyer.


I am a firm believer that books CHOOSE you. Right now, due to my commitment phobia (I can only "finish" a book, if I am reading more than one at a time) I am reading a clinical book on commitment conflicts (tee hee), Jane Green's The Beach House, and I picked up this little bad boy of happy thoughts yesterday and finished it in an hour.

"Everyday Wisdom for SUCCESS" - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. I thought I would share some nuggets of wisdom to start or end your day well. Maybe I saw Tony Robbins on the Today show, maybe I am a cheesy goofball sometimes, or maybe...just maybe these words ring true, and can alter the way you look out at the world, and in at yourself today.


(All quotes below are credited to: "Dr. Wayne W. Dyer")

"Don't equate your self-worth with how well you do things in life. You aren't what you do. If you are what you do, then when you don't...you aren't"


"Most people are searching for happiness outside of themselves. That's a fundamental mistake. happiness is something you are, and it comes from the way you think."


"You create your thoughts, your thoughts create your intentions, and your intentions create your reality."


"You'll come to find that anything you must have comes to own you. The funny thing is, when you release it, you start getting more of it."


"If you find yourself believing that you must always be the way you've always been, you're arguing against your own personal growth."


"Involve yourself in high-energy levels of trust, optimism, appreciation, reverence, joy and love when you engage in every activity in your life."


"Know that all the abundance you want is already here. You just have to tune it in."


"Self-worth cannot be verified by others. You're worthy because YOU say it is so. If you depend on others for your value, it is "other-worth".


And......that concludes my spacey, new-agey happy thought pushing posts for this week. I will resume my lascivious lulu persona as soon as I finish being some damn happy from reading this book!

No comments: