Thursday, July 2, 2009

SYTYCD?! Kayla and Kupono to Blue Foundation...

Alright, I know...It's been a long time. I had a kid...She's only 3 months old. Cut me some slack. I promise I'm back. To talk about Governors who can't keep their pie holes shut, the death and dying of Icons, my undying love for Conan O'Brien, and other such drivel, but for now...Let's talk dance. So You Think You can Dance specifically....

Last night, July 1st, was the top 14 dancers. They were all pretty fantabulistic. Hot Tamale train ticket screams ensued, Mia Michaels finally gave Brandon some credit after her uber-PMS-twitch fit at auditions and Kayla and Kapono did just wanted I needed: They inspired tears and my deep-seeded(ballet-love) and need to dance. The dance was dark and dreamy. ( I don't love Twighlight...its past my age demo) but...the "Blue Foundation" song took it to a new level. The tone felt more like "Pump up the Volume" vibes for those of you over 25. Take a look for yourself. The choreographer Sonya Tayeh has a beautifully twisted mind.

SO there you have it. My libido is back to normal. This song/dance combo made me want to roll around a lake in blue moon light soaking wet and glistening to the beat of my own homage to teen angst of love, lust and all things polar. Enjoy...Hope it does the same for you!

SKIP to 2:45 for the dance...

1 comment:

alisal4 said...

and...she's back!!!