Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Shopping Hell.


5 Things that make me want to hibernate until January 2nd:

1.) Flag men, red cones, and people wanting to make LEFT turns in a shopping mall entrance or exit.

2.) The old bags working "holiday part-time" during the day at the retail locations. They take 4 times as long to look up a PLU or SKU. I could go home, order it online and pick it up from your store in the time it takes her to write it down on her little shaking piece of paper. ( Seriously, you couldn't pay me. Not even at 72)

3.) The inevitable cashier who has the audacity to be annoyed with ME for appearing in front of HER at the counter she chose to work at. Worse: that she doesnt understand my description of the gal that helped me. "Tall, brown hair, I dunno..she didnt say, or really help for that matter."

4.) Songs by Burl Ives, Bing Crosby, or any version of "Silver Bells".

5.) Knowing that whatever you bought will most likely be returned or greeted with a half smile because you either over-thought it, or missed the mark completely.

Ho. Ho. Ho.

No comments: