Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's high five.

Ok, I am going to be real honest here. I am NOT one of those girls that pretend she doesn’t buy into the whole Valentine's thing, and then get upset when I don’t get anything. I really think it is mildly insulting as a woman to be accosted by such silly expectations. Ironically, I did wake up singing: "There's nothing you can do that can't be done....There's nothing you can sing that can't be song..." (Which doesn’t make sense, have you ever noticed?) Its sounds good though. Anyway.

If you find a man who is going to love you for who you are, and treat you well...that should happen (loved and treated well) most days, not just exemplified on the same day every other schmuck is claiming to love his wife/girlfriend/ex/partner....seriously? For sheer disgust of the commercials I revolt against it.

I saw a Zales commercial that showed two women getting texts from a girlfriend detailing what she got, and that SOMEHOW is how they defined her worth, or value that day. Bullocks! Sure, I am jaded, and I am not good at receiving gifts. Diamonds make me uncomfortable...conflicts, dead African babies...you know, I don't enjoy flowers...they die and the water smells like Chernobyl after a few days. Chocolates work. I like chocolates, but all the time. So, what is a girl to do? I say....high five strangers and say: "Hey.... (Chuckle and smile) Love ya, who cares?!" See what happens. I will do it all day today on the resort.

There. Rant complete. Go out there, grab a pre-written hallmark card of affection that says just the exact perfect words you would say to your lovey ( that is widely relative enough to what other people would say to warrant a print of thousands) and manufacture some romanticism.

High Five lovers! All you need is love….

No comments: