Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March Madness a la lulu.

Now, let me be clear here. I am a fan of basketball, a big fan. I have several reasons why I love the sport more than football, or even hockey(which is a close runner-up). I love this time of year. It reminds me of all kinds of things, like when I dated a UMASS basketball player and flew to Atlanta for the final four only to find him writing in a diary about other women..but seriously,I love this time of year mostly, because it represents the beginning of spring, and the time of year for pools and competition. I love a good stakes-game.

Let's talk about NCAA March Madness. How could a girl like me NOT love a time of brackets and men competing against each other for dominance? I would love to have set up my early dating years as such. Put rankings by them, marked off who had "three second violations" and who was considered the underdog. I could draw on a big white board and analyze picks and rolls, or triangle offenses with my girl friends.Everything could come down to game day decisions. Anything could happen.

A few things that annoy me about March Madness:

1.) When women pick teams on their brackets based on any of the following:
- "Its a cute name"
- "the blue shorts are my favorite color."
- "Brett Gunning kissed me at Chaise Lounge"

2.) That the "traveling" motion from the ref looks like a 70's dance move. I think it should be more like an over-exaggerated knee-high-stepping-with-a-grimace-face motion. (just me)

3.) I also have to state that when it comes to socks....I am a big believer that they are either LONG tube socks or under the ankle length. Anything between is just atrocious and girly. It just is.

March Madness has all the things I need. Competition, young-vibrant testosterone-induced displays of athleticism, risks, quality under pressure and most important...big hands.

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

No comments: