Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Inspired American idol is a bit uninspiring- 4.08.08

It's that beautiful night again. I missed last week, and I don't want anymore nastigrams in regards to my assumed "laziness". So, let's get to it:

Michael Johns sang "Dream on" by Aerosmith. Bringin' back the neckerchief! He seemed really annoyed with Randy's response. I have to say he came off a little smug. He sang well. It didn't make me want to run out and download the song, only things like The Office commercial jingle made by Daryl and the gang: “Dunder-Mifflin: People, Persons, Paper, People” can do that.

Syesha Mercado sang "I believe" by ex American Idol, Fantasia. (Yawn). Rainbows, shooting stars, dreams...I give it to her, she made a cheesy song entertaining. I see a slow-motion gymnastic highlight film happening. Double-back, triple, triple, jump-dive roll, stick. Crabby Randy said: "It was OK."

Jason Castro sang: "Somewhere over the rainbow". Perfect choice for him. He looked so sweet holding the Ukulele and his performance was endearing. He might beat David Archuleta for the panty-grannie vote.

Kristy Lee Cooke sang: "Anyway" by Martina McBride. Wow, them there is some serious beady-sparkle-balls on those perky boobies. Hm. Other than that, I don't have much to say about it. I think I started day-dream/planning for tomorrow while looking right at her, and then I snapped back when she yelped and people started cheering. Eh. I'm sure she is nice. The judges thought it was great.

side note 1: I love the NB running commercials. "you broke up with running...and now you see it everywhere....and looking great."


David Cook sang "Innocent" by Our Lady Peace. This felt strange for me. It seemed really hard to sing, but not that easy to enjoy. He is going to be a finalist for sure though. He is an incredible singer, but it tripped up a bit tonight. Simon said: "It just wasnt anywhere near as good as the last two weeks."

Carly Smithson sang "The show must go on" by Queen. Okay. She is amazing, but this song just didn't really showcase that. I think my mother wore that unitard bathing-suit shirt in the early 80's. I love her, but she isn't selling it tonight. s'ok. It happens.

side note 2: Was exactly is a "fat pocket"?

David Archuleta sang "Angels" by Robbie Williams. It was a pretty amazing display of his ability to play the piano and sing. Seriously, try playing guitar and singing on ROCKBAND?! Randy said: "Crazy Hot! Loved it!" Funny ( but a little disturbing) moment, a young girl holding a sign that said: "Lick those lips!"

Brook White sang "You've got a friend" by Carole King. She is so clever to keep singing this genre. This song makes me smile and light up just thinking about Carole's face when she sings this live in concert with James Taylor. Sway with me....say :"Fall-ooooww-alll". She seemed a little shy or uncomfortable. She would be a good friend. She can't lie, she can't hide her own disappointment. Awee.

side note 3: Why am I crying at the "Idol gives back "preview segment? Hesus.

Alrighty then. Hopefully Anderson and Erica give me some good stuff tonight. (fingers crossed)

No comments: