Tuesday, May 13, 2008

American Idol Top 3 Sing 3 on 5.13.08


Here's the deal. I don't really love anyone left. However, I cannot just stop cold-turkey on this show. It wouldn't be fair.Instead, I'm really hoping AC and Erica Hill give me some sizzle to electrify my evening. I need it. Holy hell, 3 songs!? Strap in, this is going to be wordy.

Handle bar mustache's scare me. David Archuleta sang "And so it goes." by Billy Joel requested by Paula Abdul. He can sing. It is absolutely boring for me. I think the I am watching something different than the judges.

Syesha Mercado came back in the Wendy's baked-potato-foil-color redux dress. It if works, work it. She sang: "Some people want it all" by Alicia Keys. Wow. She did it. Chill-worthy. I can't even crack a joke.

David Cook sang "The first time ever I saw your face." by Roberta Flack. His falsetto was so tender. I usually don't like tender, but it felt authentic. Ladies, and Gentlemen, I think we have a winner.


(Side note 1: If the sun rises in your eyes, where does it set?)


----SECOND SONGS:
David Archuleta tried Chris Brown "With You". He looks like he is going to throw up, the poor thing. "Boo?" Words. Words. Words. Nope. It went over like a Mormon teenage bikini car-wash. I feel bad for the little guy. It's small britches on a big show. He gets my pity (not pantie) vote.


Syesha Mercado sang "Fever" by Peggy Lee. Metallic night for Syesha. Working the broadway career. Waaakaaaa-waaaakaaaaa. That sound is so love-boat. Love it...not really. I think my evenings would be way more sensual if I had bass player in the corner of my living room. Just saying....It was fine. She is fine. Next.


David Cook sang "Dare you to move" by Switchfoot. This is was his rock out song, it was a 6 out of 11. Eh. He is still going to win.


(side note 2: I love thunder storms.)

----THIRD SONGS:
As lame as all of this was, It was worth it to see THIS GUY. (in the red) I will name him. "Happy Hank" Ryan also looks really comfortable holding a teen in a tiara.

David Archuleta sang "Longer than" by Dan Folgerberg. I am such a dork, as I have this album. I love him, and Don Mclean, Cat Stevens and Lionel Richie...so what. Now he has my pity and my wistful tween days of random music choice and roller skating.

Syesha Mercado sang "Hit me up" by Gia Ferrel. No. No. No. I tuned her out and just watched the back-up singer with big boobies and a scarf. Simon said: "It's a little bit forgettable."

David Cook sang "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith. He will win. I really don't care.

eraaaaaaaaack. I'm D.O.N.E.

No comments: