Tuesday, May 6, 2008

American Idol top 4 rocks out! 5.6.08

Here we are. Primary race is on tonight, so I will be brief and thorough, like a good compliment. Ryan is oompa-loompa orange. Flesh is fine, just try it. On that note, do men put self-tanner downtown? Eeek.Top 4 finalists are given the choice of any "Rock and Roll" hall of fame song.



David Cook sang "Hungry like the wolf" by Duran Duran. Born in 82. Wow. Yeah for DD on tour right now. Wow. It sounded like karaoke. Not good. Baby fish-mouth! "Douuu dooouu dooo dooo-dooo dooo-dooo dooo-dooo dooo doooooo..." Nope. It didn't work. Sorry.


Syesha Mercado sang "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner. (yawn). Her words: "I looked in the mirror and I was like.....just do it." Its a Nike commercial. Peacock earrings look painful. Randy said: "You showin' the heat." I agree. The dress looked like a Wendy's potato foil-kinda heat too.


Jason Castro sang "I shot the sheriff." by Bob Marley. It was okay, but it sounded a bit pre-orgasmic throughout. On a circumstantial basis, that is fine, but when singing about shooting someone, it felt whiny, or you know...too intimate for TV millions. I actually like Jason, he just felt so apathetic. Focused apathy. Simon said: "I don't know what you're thinking?"

David Archuleta sang "Stand by me" by Ben King. This kid can sing. The show takes a positive turn here. If I closed my eyes and pictured someone legal to dirty dance with, I would....well done little Davey A. The judges liked it. Even Simon called it "the best performance so far."


-----SECOND SONGS------

David Cook sang "Baba O'Rielly" by THE WHO. Much better. He held his Les Paul, he hit the falsetto, but otherwise it was OK. Not his night. He knows it. Paula Abdul just said: "I want more David Cook! I'm really humbled to sit here and watch your soul." ( she is so awkwardly sincere it kills me)



Syesha Mercado
sang "A change is gonna come" by Sam Cooke. KU-DOS to her stylist tonight. She is like a sparkly-tied orange sherbet. I want one. She sounded deep and visceral in her effort. Where did she come from? She was barely mediocre up until last week? Randy thought it "fell flat for me." Paula and Simon spoke so highly of her performance it made her cry.


Jason Castro sang "Mr. Tambourine man" by Bob Dylan. He forgot the words, and dear Jason is going home. Sooooo bad. Sheesh. Well, that makes an easy choice. And....he's done. Simon said: 'Pack your bags."



David Arculeta
sang "Love me tender" by Elvis Presley. He thought it sounded "cool". It was safe, pretty, could have been a tinsy better sans voice-crack loss. Paula "felt his heart." He looks tender.


I miss Cat Deely. Happy Tuesday. Be good, stay safe and don't self-tan your junk. I'm off like a promdress to watch Obama win NC...

No comments: